About the Filipina Women's Network
The Filipina Women's Network (FWN) is a San Francisco based non-profit international advocacy organization that seeks to increase the power of Filipina women as leaders and policy makers at all levels in corporate, government, institutions and community organizations to achieve economic and social justice and women’s rights.
FWN provides the content, credibility and a worldwide network of Filipina women professionals to support the success of Filipina women in their businesses and careers.
FWN convenes programs and activities that enhance public perceptions of Filipina women's capacities to lead and to build the Filipina community's pipeline of qualified leaders, to increase the odds that some Filipina women will rise to the president position in the private and public sectors worldwide.
FWN provides Filipina women with opportunities to share practical career and business experiences. This focus on actual career and business experiences, rather than theory, from practitioners, corporate managers, entrepreneurs, elected / appointed officials, nonprofit and community leaders, along with peer networking, are the distinguishing features of FWN meetings.
Click to view the organizations represented by the members of FWN.
Our Mission: A Filipina woman leader in every sector of the economy
Position Filipina women as economic and social contributors to the global economy.
Our Priority Issues:
- Influence Filipina popular culture.
- Eliminate all forms of discrimination against Filipina women and girls.
- Appoint and elect Filipina women to positions of leadership.
- Economic independence in housing, wages and pay equity for equal work.
- Access to public services in education, immigration, health care, child care, senior services, and transportation.
- Reproductive freedom.
- Elimination of violence against women and girls.
Our 5 Program Areas
- Shaping the Filipina Image
- Filipina Action Now
- Social Justice
- Anti-Domestic Violence and Anti-Human Trafficking Awareness Campaigns
- Immigrant Rights
- The Vagina Monologues productions
- One Billion Rising
- Coalition Building
- Annual Filipina Leadership Global Summit
- 100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the World Awards™
- Pinay Power 2020 Reunion
- Leadership Development
- Filipina Women Who Could Be President Fellowship
- Filipinas in Motion
- Boards & Commissions Appointments
- Political Education Awareness Training and Voter Registration
- FWN Fellows and Interns
- Pinay Speed Femtoring
- Cultural Awareness
- FWN Salo Salo™
- Sheroes Monologues
- Strategic Alliances with corporate Filipino employee affinity groups in all economic sectors especially organizations with global employee populations.
- Filipina Global Leadership Series
- DISRUPT: Proud. Loud. Leading Without A Doubt
- Book Tours
- Filipina Global Leadership Competencies Workshops
OUR PROGRAMS AND CAMPAIGNS:
- Annual Filipina Leadership Global Summit - the Summit brings together Filipina women global leaders, influencers, thinkers and public figures for discussions, learning journeys, “kwentuhan strategies” on how to succeed as multi-cultural professionals and private chats to ignite cooperation through public and private partnerships. The high powered gathering is a vital part of FWN’s Pinay Power 2020 Mission: A Filipina leader in every sector of the economy. It is the leading forum of its kind in the Filipina global community which inspires a renewed understanding of the Filipino culture’s emerging influence as a community.
The summit raises funds for FWN’s programs that foster the Filipina women’s socio-economic, political and educational advancement in addition to raising awareness of FWN’s pipeline development of qualified next generation leaders to increase the odds that some will rise to the “president” position.
- Global FWN100™ Awards - selection of the 100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the World™ - highlight of the Filipina Summit
- FWN Chapter Development - in 2015-2016, FWN will beta two chapters in Southern California (Los Angeles and San Diego)
- Filipina Leadership Book Series -
- Filipina Global Leadership Competencies Workshops
- FEMtorMatch™ - FWN's strategy for developing next generation Filipina leaders through local and global partnerships between female mentors, FEMtors™, and female mentees, FEMtees™. FEMtorMatch™ provides structured one-on-one mentoring that harnesses the power of the Internet to broaden and deepen the reach of traditional mentoring. Thus, both FEMtors™ and FEMtees™ can reside anywhere in the world. Trained FEMtors™ and screened FEMtees™ are matched in one-on-one partnerships and agree to communicate at least bi-weekly through a secure FWN FEMtorMatch™ website. FWN's FEMtorMatch™ Competencies list the 94 key areas of competencies and 810 skills that enable Filipina leaders and professionals to do successful work anywhere in the global workplace. Competencies are defined as knowledge, skills, abilities, behaviors, accomplishments, traits, and characteristics.
- Pinay Speed Femtoring
- Filipina Women Against Violence Campaign -
- One Billion Rising and The Vagina Monologues productions in collaboration with V-Day.
- Filipina Women Who Could Be President Fellowship - a selective part-time leadership development program for future politicians, entrepreneurs, senior and executive leaders. Based on established leadership competencies which includes cohort training, coaching and femtoring, the program gives Filipina women leaders the skillsets and networks they need to develop and manage highly effective campaigns and organizations in the private and public sectors.
- Publications: FWN Magazine, V-Dairies: Anti-Violence Resource Guide, Filipina Leadership Series: DISRUPT: Proud. Loud. Leading Without A Doubt
- Professional Development - The Professional Development Series builds on the 12 Life Areas of Empowerment which an individual confronts at each stage of adulthood. The program is best appreciated when participants take the Life Empowerment Overview. It provides a practical foundation for career pathing and life planning.
- Board and Commissions Appointments
- Filipinas in Motion Circles
- Political Education
- FWN Internship - FWN supports the development of future leaders by accepting interns who will receive hands-on experience with our programs and activities and help build the Filipina community’s pipeline of qualified leaders.
About the Filipina Leadership Global Summit
The Filipina Women’s Network’s (FWN) annual Filipina Leadership Global Summit brings together Filipina women global leaders, influencers, thinkers and public figures for discussions, learning journeys, “kwentuhan strategies” on how to succeed as multi-cultural professionals and private chats to ignite cooperation through public and private partnerships. The high powered gathering is a vital part of FWN’s Pinay Power 2020 Mission: A Filipina leader in every sector of the economy. It is the leading forum of its kind in the Filipina global community which inspires a renewed understanding of the Filipino culture’s emerging influence as a community.
The summit is FWN's signature fundraiser with proceeds funding FWN’s programs that foster the Filipina women’s socio-economic, political and educational advancement in addition to raising awareness of FWN’s pipeline development of qualified next generation leaders to increase the odds that some will rise to the “president” position.
The 2015 Summit's theme is FWN2.0 Legacy: Mothers & Daughters Together - Next Generation Leaders. The summit will convene sessions, Mothers & Daughters Legacy presentations, and Learning Journeys to confront issues and barriers that affect the economic trade and investment opportunities of Filipina women business owners and the careers of Filipina professionals in the U. S. and countries with a high population of Filipina women.
This year’s Summit includes exclusive policy briefings and office visits with key legislators whose policies impact the Filipino community. Attendees will have opportunities to network with legislators, elected and appointed officials, state and local agency representatives, API business owners and community leaders at the Mayors' Salo Salo Soireé and the Global FWN100™ Awards and Gala.
The highlight of the Summit is the announcement of Global FWN100™ Awardees at the Awards Ceremony and Gala.
#FWNSUMMIT2016 info: www.filipinasummit.org
SAVE THE DATES FOR UPCOMING SUMMITS. PLAN AHEAD.
- 2015 – 12th Summit: San Francisco: October 29–November 1st
- 2016 – 13th Summit: Cebu: August 21–24
- 2017 – 14th Summit: Toronto, Canada: October 25–29
- 2018 – 15th Summit: London, UK: October 18–21
- 2019 – 16th Summit: Hawaii: October 17–20
- 2020 – 17th Summit: Washington, DC: October 1–4 “Pinay Power 2020 Global FWN100™ Awardees Reunion”
About the Global FWN100™ Awards
The Most Influential Filipina Women in the World Award™ recognizes Filipina women who are influencing the face of leadership in the global workplace, having reached status for outstanding work in their respective fields and are recognized for their leadership, achievement and contributions to society, femtorship and legacy.
The awardees are asked to femtor a young Pinay through our robust FEMtorMatch program and bring her to the Filipina Summit. The highlight of the summit is the gathering of the Global FWN100™ Awardees from around the world and the authors of the first book on Filipina leadership, DISRUPT. Filipina Women: Proud. Loud. Leading Without A Doubt.
To view the list of FWN100™ Awardees, go to http://www.filipinawomensnetwork.org/fwn100